GoGrid Company Overview – Who is GoGrid?
GoGrid is a comprehensive Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud provider that is headquartered in
Silicon Valley, California. Their primary service includes giving users the capability to deploy, manage, or
develop applications on their highly reliable cloud platform. Portrayed as one of the world’s first cloud
computing platforms, GoGrid offers its customer base a proven track record, agile product development,
and innovative customer service, all while maintaining a flexible and robust environment.
John Keagy, CEO of GoGrid, discusses cloud computing trends and the future vision of GoGrid:
GoGrid’s Hybrid Cloud Hosting service gives users the ability to provision both cloud and dedicated servers on the same network. Their pay-per-use cloud storage allows users to easily scale their server needs by only adding the space required on their specific infrastructure.
Hybrid Hosting Features:
- Ability to scale server applications in an expedited fashion
- Ability to create a secure transcoding appliance that is easily connected to the cloud
- Pay-As-You-Go environment allows users to scale up or down to meet exact needs
- Versatile environment (Physical or Colocated servers) allows users to host applications not available in a
GoGrid offers its users access to their high-powered physical servers that can be managed directly
through the GoGrid portal. Thus, customers do not have to rely on running their applications in a multi-tenant environment. This flexibility gives users a combination of the elasticity that comes with cloud computing and the control normally seen in utilizing physical servers.
GoGrid’s available cloud storage service allows their customers to have a proven backup for their Linux and Windows servers running in their cloud. Like their hybrid hosting options, their cloud storage is billed as used, so users have the ability to scale the costs.
Cloud Storage Features:
- Simple transfer protocols allows data to be easily transferred to and from the storage system
- Users have access to 10 GB of free storage before charges take effect
- All mission-critical files are backed up in an ultra secure setting
- Comprehensive access to reporting tools such as storage utilization graphs
- Easy scalability and access to rapid, on-the-fly provisioning
The Tough Questions
It has become clear to us that GoGrid has an outstanding reputation in the cloud-computing world and
subsequently, there are very few issues that have come up over the past few years. One thing that
did pop up a few times is user access to recovering backup data quickly. Furthermore, a customer
claimed that their data took multiple days before they were able to recover it. While it is hard to dispute
the truthfulness of any customer claim, we had a hard time verifying this as a constant issue that has
continued affecting other users.
Has GoGrid handled their growing clientele in a prompt fashion?
Are there any specific foreseeable issues that might arise given the rapid growth GoGrid has
Part of doing business across a large setting is having the occasional mishap with customers. More so, it
really has less to do with the initial problem and more to do with how quickly they respond and recover
to these issues. As this point, all the research we have done on GoGrid has shown them to have an
outstanding customer support response time and a platform that is capable of handling their increased workload.
San Francisco Headquarters:
2 Harrison St. Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94105
San Francisco Data Center:
360 Spear Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Virginia Data Center:
217071 Filigree Court
Ashburn, VA 20147
Amsterdam Data Center:
1101 EB Amsterdam
Latest posts on GoGrid:
- GoGrid Update: Job Openings As of Early 2012, GoGrid has been expanding their operations. Their San Francisco headquarters currently has numerous job openings available: Senior Software Engineer- (San Francisco): This jobs primary responsibility includes working directly with the research and development team to help support cloud platform services. Furthermore, candidates will also spend time looking for new emerging open source opportunities, while also ...